Thank you to everyone who played on the Cafe Vaquera Pledge Jam last week. (Denise Drake, Dave Quinton, Michael Hurley, Mark Erickson, Cowboy Jack, and Too Tall Tom). We did really well financially and had a blast! Thanks to all the callers, phone answers, and staff.
1. Kid Siegel, "Sweet Home on the Coast," by David "Kid Siegel, Sweet Home on the Coast. Sleepy Owl Records
2. The Wood Brothers, "That's What Angels Can Do," Ways Not to Lose.
3. The Knitters, "Give Me Flowers when I'm Living," The Modern Sounds of the Knitters.
4. The Hunger Mountain Boys, "I've Got the Blues, Mary," Three.
5. Willie Nelson and Asleep at the Wheel, "I Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None of this Jelly Roll," Willie and The Wheel.
In loving memory of my friend, New Orleans pianoman, Eddie Bo, who passed on last week from a sudden heart attack. He was 79 and I can't believe I'll never see him again.
6. Etta James, "My Dearest Darling," by Eddie Bo, Her Best.
7. Eddie Bo, "Hard Times," by Eddie Bo, Louisiana Spice.
8. Eddie Bo, "Black Cat Bone," by Eddie Bo, Nine Yards of Funk.
9. Dr. John and Eddie Bo, "St. James Infirmary," N'Awlinz-Dis Dat or D'Udder.
10. Eddie Bo and Carl LeBlanc, "I Wanna Be in that Number," Back Up This Train.
www.eddiebo.com Send your well wishes to Eddie's family.
11. Mary Gauthier, "I Drink," by Mary Gathier, Drag Queens in Limousines.
12. Maria Muldaur, "Cajun Moon," Louisiana Love Call.
13. Mary Gauthier, "Drag Queens in Limousines," by Mary Gathier, Drag Queens in Limousines. (I accidently played this and got a request call for it just as I hit PLAY! Go figure...)
14. Ranch Romance, "Trouble," Blue Blazes.
15. Old Crow Medicine Show, "Wagon Wheel," by Bob Dylan, "Old Crow Medicine Show. ( I LOVE the way they do this song...)
16. Martin Sexton, "Folsom Prison," by Johnny Cash, 2-song DEMO.
17. Kasey Chambers, "We're All Gonna Die Someday," by Kasey Chambers, My Captain.
18. Martin Simpson, "Boots of Spanish Leather," by Bob Dylan, A Nod to Bob.
19. Be Good Tanyas, "Lakes of Pontchartrain," Blue Horse.
20. Johnny Cash, "Sunday Morning Coming Down," by Johnny Cash, Classic Cash.
21. Asylum Street Spankers, "Wake and Bake," by Christina Marrs, What? And Give Up Show Biz?
22. Danny Barnes, "Peanut Butter is Man's Best Friend," by Danny Barnes, Dirt on the Angel.
23. Cheap Suit Serenaders w/ R. Crumb, "Duck's Yas Yas," 78RPM recording.
24. John Hiatt, "The Tiki Bar is Open," by John Hiatt, The Tiki Bar is Open.
25. Emmylou Harris, "Queen of the Silver Dollar," by Shel Silverstein, Piece of the Sky.
26. John Hartford, "Knockin' at Your Door," by Walter Alexander, Hamilton Ironworks.
27. Hot Tuna, "Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning," by Rev. Gary Davis, First Pull Up, Then Pull Down.
28. Denise Drake, "See Ya When I See Ya," by Denise Drake, Read My Lips. (Denise's CD is for sale on CD Baby...)
That's all folks. See ya next week from 9-11PM on www.coastradio.org.